SubDriver - 2" OD - Dual shaft - 15.25" length - 1:72 Type VII
The Type VII Sub-driver (SD) comes with the propulsion sub-system tested and the ESC dialed in for proper response; the SAS ballast sub-system tested for correct operation; all installed servos tested for unbinding travel of their respective pushrods; and the entire system leak tested to insure system watertight integrity. 1/72 Type-7
- 2" outside diameter X 15.25" long,
- Ballast Tank - 5.375"
- Battery Comp. - 3.125"
- Aft Dry Space - 5.625"
- 1/16" wall thickness length of clear Lexan cylinder with installed ballast bulkheads.
- LPB/Snort Pump with attached MPC (Mini Pump Controller)
- Plumbing hoses and manifolds
- Snorkel head-valve and safety float-valve all hooked up and tested
- Two 6-volt, direct-drive suppressed brushed motors with watertight shaft seals
- Installed Mtroniks ESC,(Electronic Speed Controller)
- Four installed mini servos with pushrods passing through pushrod watertight seals.
Ballast Sub-System Enhancement
The SAS ballast sub-system will insure de-watering of a significant portion of the ballast tank above a fifteen-foot depth. However, if you contemplate operating in deeper, or un-surveyed waters we recommend you outfit your SD with a back-up gas type ballast sub-system. Mounting foundations are already in place within the SD to accept this gear. Inclusion of the gas ballast sub-system will not require any additional wiring or need of a dedicated channel as it will only activate in the event of a fail-safe initiated event -- normal ballast sub-system transmitter stick throws will only operate the vent and LPB elements of the SAS -- the gas only steps in when the transmitted signal is lost by the SD's receiver. Most users will not require the gas ballast sub-system, but it's there for you blue-water type Sailor's who sail in harms way.