SubDriver - 3.5" OD - Single shaft - 20.25" length - 1:72 Skipjack
The 1/72 SKIPJACK Sub-driver (SD) comes with the propulsion sub-system installed tested; the SAS ballast sub-system tested for correct operation; and the entire system leak tested to insure system watertight integrity. With the hull outfitted with the Nautilus Drydocks 1/72 SKIPJACK fittings kit, installation and removal of the SD system is both quick and easy.
1/72 SKIPJACK Sub-driver Specifications
- Lexan, 3.5" outside diameter X 20.25" long, 1/8" wall thickness, SD cylinder
- Ballast water weight - 30 ounces.
- LPB/Snort Pump with attached MPC (Mini Pump Controller) installed
- Assembled Snorkel head-valve provided and ready for installation within the SKIPJACK sail
- The 12-volt, 3:1 geared, spark-suppressed, brushed 550 motor is installed
- One ballast sub-system mini servo installed
- Cylinder is machined and ballast bulkhead outfitted to receive emergency gas ballast sub-system
Additional Recommended Components Required
Many of these components are available here at the Nautilus Drydocks. For other components, check your local hobby stores or send us a message.
- one, 11.1-volt, 3200mAh battery and charger
- one, 6-8 channel FM r/c system (2.4gHz systems are not suitable for in-water use)
- one, Lipo-Guard
- one, Y-type servo lead
- one, AD2 (angle-keeper)
- one, ESC
- one, high-capacity BEC
- four servos
- one, 1/2", 20-Ampere toggle-switch and watertight boot
- one, Skipjack fittings kit (if applicable)