Bronco German Type XIII Starter Kit in 1:35 scale
R/C Submarine "Beginner's Kit":
German Type XXIII submarines were the first so-called elektroboats to become operational. They were small coastal submarines designed to operate in the shallow waters of the North Sea, Black Sea and Mediterranean Sea, where larger Type XXI Elektro boats were at risk in World War II. They were so small they could carry only two torpedoes, which had to be loaded externally. As with their far larger sisters - the Type XXI - they were able to remain submerged almost all of the time and were faster than conventional U-boats, due to the improved streamlining of their shape, batteries with larger capacity and the snorkel, which allowed the diesel engines to be used while submerged. The Type XXI and XXIII U-boats revolutionized post-war submarine design.
NOTE: The Bronco Type XXIII model kit must be sourced by the buyer. This package DOES NOT include the model kit itself, which is widely available from numerous hobby stores online.
- Type XXIII SubDriver dive module
- Viper Marine 10 Electronic speed controller
- 4 standard mini servos
- AD2 pitch controller
- BLM Battery Link and Monitor failsafe device
- 1500mAh LiPo battery
- VEX 6-channel FM radio system with receiver
- 1 nylon dogbones with adapter
- 10oz self-adhesive ballast weights
- Flotation foam
Due to the limited availability of this kit, delivery may be delayed.
Other components needed but not included
Other things you may need would include:
- LiPo battery charger (http://www.all-battery.com/tenergytb6b-charger01321.aspx)
- Miscellaneous brass rod, tubing and plastic sheet for linkage installation
- cyanoacrelate glue (superglue)