Revell Type VII Starter Kit in 1:72 scale
R/C Submarine "Beginner's Kit":
The Type VIIC was the workhorse of the German U-boat force, with 568 commissioned from 1940 to 1945. The first VIIC boat commissioned was the U-69 in 1940. The Type VIIC was an effective fighting machine and was seen almost everywhere U-boats operated, although its range of only 8,500 nautical miles was not as great as that of the larger Type IX (11,000 nautical miles), severely limiting the time it could spend in the far reaches of the western and southern Atlantic without refueling from a tender or U-boat tanker. The VIIC came into service toward the end of the "First Happy Time" near the beginning of the war and was still the most numerous type in service when Allied anti-submarine efforts finally defeated the U-boat campaign in late 1943 and 1944.
NOTE: The 1:72 Revell Type VII model kit must be sourced by the buyer. This package DOES NOT include the model kit itself, which is widely available from numerous hobby stores online.
- Type VII SubDriver dive module. ESC's and servos pre-installed and tested.
- Viper Marine 10 Electronic speed controller
- 4 standard mini servos
- AD2 pitch controller
- BLM Battery Link and Monitor failsafe device
- 1500mAh LiPo battery
- VEX 6-channel FM radio system with receiver
- 2 nylon dogbones with adapter
- 10oz self-adhesive ballast weights
- Flotation foam
Due to the limited availability of this kit, delivery may be delayed.
Other components needed but not included
Other things you may need would include:
- LiPo battery charger (http://www.all-battery.com/tenergytb6b-charger01321.aspx)
- Miscellaneous brass rod, tubing and plastic sheet for linkage installation
- cyanoacrelate glue (superglue)