SubDriver - 2.5" OD - Dual shaft - 19" length
This Sub-driver (SD) is specifically designed to power, control, and produce the weight change required to operate the radio-controlled, 1/72 Revell Type-9 model submarine for operation either on the surface or submerged. In addition to that primary use, this Sub-driver also has utility within any other wet-hull type r/c model submarine large enough to accommodate the unit, employs two propellers, and who's above waterline structures displace no more than fourteen-ounces.
The 1/72 Type-9 SD comes with the propulsion sub-system installed and tested -- the single 12-volt, 380 size brushed motor, geared to the output shafts at 3:1 -- the motor is wired and spark-suppressed; the SAS ballast sub-system installed, tested, and checked for correct operation; and the entire system leak tested to insure watertight integrity. Installation and removal of the system is both quick and easy, as is access to the devices and mechanisms within the SD.
Type-9 Sub-driver Specifications
· 2.5" diameter, 19" long, 1/16" thick, machined Lexan SD cylinder
· ballast water weight is 14-ounces -- enough to raise the model submarine to its designed waterline
· LPB-MPC, ballast sub-system servo, safety float-valve, and all SAS plumbing made up and tested
· a horizontal type snorkel head-valve assembly comes ready for installation within the sail
· one spark-suppressed, installed and tested 12-volt brushed 380 size motor drives two shafts at 3:1
· ballast tank after bulkhead has a foundation, and the Lexan cylinder is machined to receive gas
ballast-sub system retro-fit kit elements if so desired
Additional Components Required
Many of these components are available here at the Nautilus Drydocks. For other components, check your local hobby stores or send us a message.
- one, 11.1-volt, 1500mAh battery and charger
- one, 6-8 channel FM r/c system (2.4gHz systems are not suitable for in-water use)
- one, BLM
- one, AD2 (angle-keeper and fail-safe circuits)
- one, ESC Viper Marine 10
- one, high-capacity BEC (optional, but recommended)
- four mini-sized servos
- one, 1/2", 20-Ampere toggle-switch and watertight boot (or MM10 magnetic switch or our micro remote on/off switch)
SNORT ballast system
This SD features our SNORT type ballast sub-system -- air to eject ballast water is pulled from atmosphere through an intake within the models sail. The SNORT ballast sub-system suffers neither the logistical or trim problems presented by a gas type ballast sub-system; nor the ballast displacement limitations inherent in an RCABS (bladder) type ballast sub-system. However -- without any degradation of the SNORT ballast sub-system -- a gas type ballast sub-system is already fitted to the system should you desire it as a back-up to insure recovery of the model operated in deep water.
Bagged Items that come with the Type-9 Sub-driver
· three, magnetic coupler sets
· one, motor-bulkhead SAS manifold
· three, flexible hoses
· one, pushrod seal
· one power-cable
· three, servo pushrods
· various mechanical fasteners