SubDriver - 2.5" OD - Single shaft - 25.5" length - 1:96 Skipjack
This Sub-driver (SD) is specifically designed to power, control, and produce the weight change required to operate the radio-controlled, 1/96 D&E SKIPJACK model submarine, as a static diving submarine.
In addition to that primary use, this Sub-driver also has utility on any other wet-hull type r/c model submarine that is large enough to accommodate the unit, employs a single propeller, and has an above waterline structure displacement of no more than fourteen-ounces of fresh-water.
The 1/96 SKIPJACK SD is our general-purpose work-horse; this Sub-driver finds use in many types of r/c submarine hulls, including:
| || || |
Bagged Items that come with the 1/96 SKIPJACK Sub-driver
- three, magnetic coupler sets
- one, motor-bulkhead SAS manifold
- four, 1/16" brass pushrods
- one, sail/bow-plane dog-bone assembly
- three, 18" long flexible hoses
- one, pushrod seal
- one, horizontal type snorkel assembly
- one, power-cable strain-relief block
- one, zip cord type power-cable
- various mechanical fasteners
Additional Components Required
Many of these components are available here at the Nautilus Drydocks. For other components, check your local hobby stores or send us a message.
- one, six-inch long, Lithium-polymer, 11.1-volt, 3200mAh battery and charger
- three-four, micro-servos
- one, FM 6-8 channel r/c system (2.4gHz gear does not penetrate water, so it useless in this application)
- one, Mtroniks Marine-15 electronic speed controllerone, BEC
- one, Lipo-Guardone, AD2 (angle-keeper)
- one, 1/2", 20-Ampere toggle-switch and watertight boot