SubDriver - 3" OD - Single shaft - 19.75" length
This Sub-driver (SD) is specifically designed to power, control, and produce the weight change required to operate radio-controlled model submarines as a static diving craft.
This Sub-driver also has utility on any wet-hull type r/c model submarine that is large enough to accommodate the unit, employs a single propeller, and has an above waterline structure displacement of no more than sixteen ounces of fresh-water.
3" Sub-driver Specifications
- 3" diameter, 19.25" long, 1/8" thick, machined Lexan SD cylinder
- Forward dry space: 5.5"
- Ballast tank: 5.5"
- Aft dry space: 7.125"
- ballast water weight is 16-ounces
- LPB-MPC, ballast sub-system servo, safety float-valve, and all SAS plumbing provided and tested
- a horizontal type snorkel head-valve assembly comes ready for installation within the sail or hull
- one spark-suppressed, installed and tested 12-volt brushed 380 size motor drives a single-shaft through a 3:1 gear-train
- ballast tank after bulkhead has a foundation, and the Lexan cylinder is machined to receive gas ballast-sub system retro-fit kit
Recommended Devices and Accessories required to outfit this Sub-driver
(most items available from www.nautilusdrydocks.com)
two, 11.1-volt, 1,300mAh batteries and charger
- one, 6-8 channel 27-75mHz or 2.4gHz r/c system
- one, BLM module
- one, Y-type servo lead
- one, AD2 (angle-keeper)
- one, ESC
- one, high-capacity BEC
- three mini-sized servos
- one, 1/2", 20-Ampere toggle-switch and watertight boot OR remote on/off switch
Bagged Items that come with the 3"
- three, magnetic coupler sets
- one, motor-bulkhead SAS manifold
- one, bow-plane dumb-bell assembly
- three, flexible hoses
- one, pushrod seal
- one, horizontal type snorkel head-valve assembly
- one, 2.4gHz antenna kit
- one, power-cable strain-relief block
- one, zip cord type power-cable
- three, servo pushrods
- various mechanical fastener