Vanguard Class Submarine in 1/96 scale
The Vanguard class is a class of nuclear-powered ballistic missile submarines (SSBNs) in service with the Royal Navy. The class was introduced in 1994 as part of the Trident nuclear programme, and includes four boats: Vanguard, Victorious, Vigilant and Vengeance, built between 1986 and 1999 at Barrow-in-Furness by Vickers Shipbuilding and Engineering, now owned by BAE Systems. All four boats are based at HM Naval Base Clyde (HMS Neptune), 40 km (25 mi) west of Glasgow, Scotland.
This is a high quality fiberglass Hull. The hull is in two parts an upper and lower hull. the hulls are highly detailed with all the rubber tile detail also comes with an uper and lower rudders and a full set of dive planes foward and aft, cast propeller, shaft and pump jet cone.
Includes: Rudders, dive planes, prop, pump jet cone, and shaft
These kits are manufactured in the UK to order. Please allow 6 weeks delivery for your custom order!
We recommend our 300/375/300 MSD SubDriver to power this model.
Full-sized boat specifications
General characteristics Type: Nuclear-powered ballistic missile submarine Displacement: Submerged: 15,900 t (15,600 long tons; 17,500 short tons) Length: 149.9 m (491 ft 10 in) Beam: 12.8 m (42 ft 0 in) Draught: 12 m (39 ft 4 in) Propulsion:
- 1 × Rolls-Royce PWR2 nuclear reactor
- 2 × GEC turbines; 27,500 shp (20.5 MW)
- 1 × shaft, pump jet propulsor
- 2 × auxiliary retractable propulsion motors
- 2 × WH Allen turbo generators (6 MW)
- 2 × Paxman diesel alternators; 2,700 shp (2.0 MW)
Speed: Over 25 knots (46 km/h; 29 mph), submerged Range: limited only by food and mechanical components Complement: 135 Sensors and
- BAE Systems SMCS
- Kelvin Hughes Type 1007 I-band navigation radar
- Thales Underwater Systems Type 2054 composite sonar suite comprising:
- Marconi/Ferranti Type 2046 towed array sonar
- Type 2043 hull-mounted active and passive search sonar
- Type 2082 passive intercept and ranging sonar
- Pilkington Optronics CK51 search periscope
- Pilkington Optronics CH91 attack periscope
- Two SSE Mk10 launchers for Type 2066 and Type 2071 torpedo decoys
- RESM Racal UAP passive intercept
- 4 × 21-inch (533 mm) torpedo tubes for:
- Spearfish heavyweight torpedoes
- 16 × ballistic missile tubes for:
- 8–16 Lockheed Trident II D5 SLBMs (carrying up to 8 warheads each)