French Surcouf Submarine in 1/50th scale
Like the British "M" Class it appeared to have been designed by a committee.
You can imagine the conversations, lets build a submarine with very large guns so we can bombard the enemy and then disappear, great! How do we know we are hitting the target, how about having an on board aircraft to do the spotting and so on and so forth.
What was produced was something that looked good but with appalling hydrodynamics.
The British M3 was lost in a collision in the English Channel with all the crew, The Surcouf met a similar fate somewhere in the Caribbean in 1943.
We have tried to produce a model that is different from the Standard fare of model submarines and hope you will agree.
Includes 2-shafts and bearins with non-symmettrical support castings and left and right props.
Upgrades available at additional cost:
Guns fully assembled
Stanchions with railing wire
Please email for pricing and details on upgrades.
Basic Surcouf Kit:
- Detailed hull, deck, tower and turret in glass fibre.
- Front dive planes & guards, rear drive planes, rudder.
- Cast in stainless steel pivot rods and brass brushes.
- Two gun barrels, range finder, barrel tampons, hatches.
- Stainless steel slot cutting templates.
- Drawings plus three-part illustrated construction article.
- French tricolour flag and Free French flag.
Shipping and Final Price
These kits are sourced from the UK and due to the fluctuating USD/British Pound, the Nautilus Drydocks reserves the right to adjust final price depending on current exchange rates.
Shipping prices will likewise be adjusted at the time of final invoicing.
For any questions, or for an accurate quote, please contact us and we will return your inquiry immediately.
- Assembled and primed 20mm guns
- Left and right hand Brass alloy propellers
- Cast "A" frames
- Propeller shafts.
Please contact us for pricing