Russian Lada Class Submarine Kit in 1:72 scale
With this kit you can make a museum quality static model for your home or office, or launch the radio controlled action submarine in your local pond.
Details of the kit were engineered with the R/C modeler in mind. The three piece epoxy GRP hull simplifies assembly and ensures a robust model. Control surface mounting and linkage arrangement is prefabricated to ensure quick and reliable results. The ample interior dimensions enable easy installation of the ballast system of your choice.
• Four-piece of hull with scribed detail.
• Rudders and dive planes with shafts.
• Fitting set of mast and periscopes.
• Brass metal scale propeller,.
• Photo etched brass deck detail set.
• Full size plan and color plan..
Length: 935 mm (36.8")
Beam: 164 mm (6.5")
High: 183 mm (7.2")
We recommend our 3.5" diameter SubDriver module for use with this kit.
Original Submarine Specifications
Project 677 or Lada class (Russian: Лада; NATO Reporting Name: St. Petersburg class, after the name of the lead vessel, Sankt Peterburg) is the new advanced class of diesel-electric attack submarine designed by the Russian Rubin Design Bureau. A program to develop a "fourth generation" diesel-electric submarine, it aimed to produce a highly improved version of the Project 636 Kilo class with much quieter, new combat systems, and possibly air-independent propulsion.
General characteristics Type: Attack submarine Displacement:
- 2,700 long tons (2,700 t) submerged
- 1,765 long tons (1,793 t) surfaced
Length: 72 m (236 ft 3 in); 67 m (219 ft 10 in) on waterline Beam: 7.1 m (23 ft 4 in) Draught: 6.5 m (21 ft 4 in) Propulsion:
- Electric propulsion motor on permanent magnets
- Storage battery with increased service life
- 2 diesel Air Independent Propulsion (AIP) systems based on oxygen-hydrogen fuel cells (perspectively)
- 1 shaft
- 2,700 hp (2,013 kW)
- 21 kn (24 mph; 39 km/h) submerged
- 10 kn (12 mph; 19 km/h) surfaced
Endurance: 45 days Test depth: 300 m (984 ft) Complement: 35 officers and men Sensors and
Litiy CICS Armament:
- 6 × 533-millimetre (21 in) torpedo tubes
- 18 torpedoes or SSMs or 44 mines
- 10 Kalibr / Club land-attack cruise missile, anti-ship missile and anti-submarine missile (some versions)
- RPK-6/SS-N-16 Vodopad/Stallion
As these kits are built to order overseas, please allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery.